Weaving European Travel with Impressionism Art
A Website for Lovers of Impressionism Art & Traveling
Hello to all of you out there who share my passion of 19th century French impressionism, art museums, travel and addictive historical fiction books!
Are you planning a holiday to Europe? Do you love French impressionism art?
Do you want to follow the footsteps of the great impressionists & see their artworks? Interested in visiting the beautiful places in Europe that inspired them?
Are you intrigued by the impressionism artists who broke all the rules? Do you love their use of bright colors and inviting landscapes?
The impressionists painted colorful landscapes of stunning beauty. Allow me to share with you the beautiful places in Europe that provided them with so much of their inspiration. These landmarks are gems and totally deserving of a visit in their own right!
Delve into my pages and read all about the wonderful art museums scattered across Europe. Many of these museums showcase fabulous collections of the impressionists and the generation of artists that followed.
My absolute favorite museum is in Paris!! Can you guess which one? (Clue: The building was once an old railway station)….
Let’s explore the places that inspired the impressionists
Let me share with you a concise biography about each of the ground-breaking French Impressionists like Claude Monet, Pierre Auguste Renoir, Edgar Degas, Mary Cassatt, Berthe Morisot and so many others! And of course, the Post-Impressionists like Paul Cezanne, Toulouse-Lautrec, Vincent Van Gogh, Paul Gauguin, to name a few.
After reading about them, in my website, you can explore the places where each artist lived and loved. You will be able to travel and follow their footsteps throughout France and Europe! And you will discover many gems along the way…
Itineraries and tips
To help you with your travel plans, you will find here some comprehensive travel itineraries of beautiful places to visit relating to the impressionism and post-impressionism artists. These places have special stories and are breathtakingly beautiful. Some of them are off the beaten track and far away from the maddening tourist crowds.
Throughout my website, you will read about all the places that you can visit in the footsteps of the revolutionary 19th century impressionists. You will find comprehensive information about:
- All the best impressionism art museums in Paris, throughout France and scattered across Europe. This includes detailed
- information about the lesser known Musee Marmottan Monet in Paris, the Picasso Museum in Antibes, Museum of Modern Art André Malraux in Le Havre and so many more!
- Updated information about where and when Impressionism / Post-Impressionism art exhibitions are happening all over the world.
- Gorgeous medieval towns not far from Paris where the impressionists lived and loved to paint. All these places can be visited easily by trail. You can stroll along the beautiful walking trails that show the exact places where these artists painted. On these trails are panels showing the impressionism painting of the exact view in front of you. Many of these places have barely changed!!
- Travel ideas for Paris in the footsteps of the impressionists. This includes plenty of information about museums, places of interest, exhibitions, walking trails and so much more!! Many of these gems are off the beaten track….
- Places to visit in the picturesque region of Normandy, known as the birthplace of Impressionism, such as Honfleur, Trouville, Le Havre, Rouen & more!
- Towns, museums, walking trails and the homes of the artists in the stunning region of Southern France, such as the Côte d’Azur and rustic Provence
The French impressionists and post-Impressionists loved these places and you will love them too!
Historical fiction books about the impressionists
And if you are a bookworm and love reading during your travels, (when your tired feet cannot take another step), this website will also provide great “holiday-reading” relating to these famous artists.
Although only historical fiction, the books provide interesting insights about the imagined life of these painters and the attitudes towards art during those times.
My promise to you is not to share the mediocre ones but only the “stay-up-all-night-&-can’t-put-down” books! The places you may visit in your travels, come alive in these books….
More reading material to help plan your trip
And if you LOVE meticulously planning and researching your trips as much as the travelling itself, this website provides you with plenty of resources:
- Useful travel information about the relevant places to visit in Europe
- Tons of direct links to sites and museums
I hope your holiday in the footsteps of the impressionism painters is as magical as it was for us! And as the French say…..